-   -   How to make negative numbers look like 0 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/38459-how-make-negative-numbers-look-like-0-a.html)

Trisha V via OfficeKB.com

How to make negative numbers look like 0

I need to find out how you make negative numbers look like 0's instead of
making them negative

for example....

I have a -25 and I need it to look like this "0". This way positive numbers
are the only things I have listed on my column.

Is this posibble?

Marvin P. Winterbottom

make another column with a formula:

=IF(A1<0,0,A1)

Trisha V via OfficeKB.com

how do you this with %'s ?...I need them to become zeros as well...

Trisha V wrote:
I need to find out how you make negative numbers look like 0's instead of
making them negative

for example....

I have a -25 and I need it to look like this "0". This way positive numbers
are the only things I have listed on my column.

Is this posibble?

Trisha V via OfficeKB.com

ISNT THERE A WAY TO JUST FORMAT IT?....I ALREADY HAVE THIS COLUMN WITH A
FORMULA.

Marvin P. Winterbottom wrote:
make another column with a formula:

=IF(A1<0,0,A1)

Gordon

"Trisha V via OfficeKB.com" wrote in message

ISNT THERE A WAY TO JUST FORMAT IT?....I ALREADY HAVE THIS COLUMN
WITH A FORMULA.

Marvin P. Winterbottom wrote:
make another column with a formula:

=IF(A1<0,0,A1)

No. There isn't. You can't "format" a cell to show a non-negative number.
What's the problem with putting the formula in a column next to the
original, and then hiding the original column?

Trisha V via OfficeKB.com

I GUESS YOU'RE RIGHT..THANKS

Gordon wrote:
"Trisha V via OfficeKB.com" wrote in message

ISNT THERE A WAY TO JUST FORMAT IT?....I ALREADY HAVE THIS COLUMN
WITH A FORMULA.

make another column with a formula:

=IF(A1<0,0,A1)

No. There isn't. You can't "format" a cell to show a non-negative number.
What's the problem with putting the formula in a column next to the
original, and then hiding the original column?

Trisha V via OfficeKB.com

ACTUALLY THIS IS NOT THAT EASY TO DO WHEN YOU'RE WORKING WITH A PIVOT TABLE

Gordon wrote:
"Trisha V via OfficeKB.com" wrote in message

ISNT THERE A WAY TO JUST FORMAT IT?....I ALREADY HAVE THIS COLUMN
WITH A FORMULA.

make another column with a formula:

=IF(A1<0,0,A1)

No. There isn't. You can't "format" a cell to show a non-negative number.
What's the problem with putting the formula in a column next to the
original, and then hiding the original column?

Trisha V via OfficeKB.com

NEVER MIND.... I DID IT....THANKS

Trisha V wrote:
ACTUALLY THIS IS NOT THAT EASY TO DO WHEN YOU'RE WORKING WITH A PIVOT TABLE

"Trisha V via OfficeKB.com" wrote in message

[quoted text clipped - 8 lines]
What's the problem with putting the formula in a column next to the
original, and then hiding the original column?

Gordon

"Trisha V via OfficeKB.com" wrote in message

NEVER MIND.... I DID IT....THANKS

Well tell us how, so in future we know!

Trisha V via OfficeKB.com

IM ACTUALLY STILL HAVING A PROBLEM WITH IT...IM GETTING AN ERROR MESSAGE
#DIV/0!

THIS I DONT KNOW HOW TO FIX...MAYBE IF I CAND SEND WHAT IM WORKING ON TO
SOMEONE BECAUSE I CANT EVEN EXPLAIN WHATS WRONG....ITS A BIGGGGG FILE.

Gordon wrote:
"Trisha V via OfficeKB.com" wrote in message

NEVER MIND.... I DID IT....THANKS

Well tell us how, so in future we know!

Bernie Deitrick

Trisha,

A custom format of

0;"0";0

will display negative numbers as zero, though it won't change the underlying value.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Trisha V via OfficeKB.com" wrote in message ...
ISNT THERE A WAY TO JUST FORMAT IT?....I ALREADY HAVE THIS COLUMN WITH A
FORMULA.

Marvin P. Winterbottom wrote:
make another column with a formula:

=IF(A1<0,0,A1)

Trisha V via OfficeKB.com

thanks

Bernie Deitrick wrote:
Trisha,

A custom format of

0;"0";0

will display negative numbers as zero, though it won't change the underlying value.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Trisha V via OfficeKB.com" wrote in message ...
ISNT THERE A WAY TO JUST FORMAT IT?....I ALREADY HAVE THIS COLUMN WITH A
FORMULA.

make another column with a formula:

=IF(A1<0,0,A1)

ufo_pilot

Trisha V via OfficeKB.com Wrote:
ISNT THERE A WAY TO JUST FORMAT IT?....I ALREADY HAVE THIS COLUMN WITH
FORMULA.

Marvin P. Winterbottom wrote:
make another column with a formula:

=IF(A1<0,0,A1)

use conditional format if cell value < than 0 then format the text
same color as background - so it seems to dissappear

--
ufo_pilot
ufo_pilot's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25972