-   -   hiding/unhiding rows & columns with "+" and "-" buttons (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/38392-hiding-unhiding-rows-columns-%22-%22-%22-%22-buttons.html)

shellshock

hiding/unhiding rows & columns with "+" and "-" buttons

I was given an Excel file from a colleague, and there are these "+" and
"-" buttons above the rows and the columns. When you press them,
several rows or columns can be hidden or unhidden all at once. I've
never seen this before; can anyone tell me how they were implemented?

--
shellshock
shellshock's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24935

Rowan

Select rows (or columns) then from menus: Data Group and Outline Group.

Data Group and Outline UnGroup to undo.

Regards
Rowan

"shellshock" wrote:

I was given an Excel file from a colleague, and there are these "+" and
"-" buttons above the rows and the columns. When you press them,
several rows or columns can be hidden or unhidden all at once. I've
never seen this before; can anyone tell me how they were implemented?

--
shellshock
shellshock's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24935
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=392403

shellshock

I've figured out that the rows and columns have been "grouped", using
Data Group and Outline Groups.