-   -   zero values in charts-don't want to show as zero, but as blank (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/38323-zero-values-charts-dont-want-show-zero-but-blank.html)

ML

zero values in charts-don't want to show as zero, but as blank

I am trying to create a chart from data that is in the form of a formula,
some of those cells have a formula that returns a blank cell, "". I want my
line chart to stop if the cell is blank, instead it is showing as a zero
value.
Any ideas on how to do this.

Scott@PRM

I am not 100% positive this is your situation, but I believe I ran into the
same problem a few weeks back. On your spreadsheet got to Tools/Options,
then on the View tab uncheck Zero values.

"ML" wrote:

I am trying to create a chart from data that is in the form of a formula,
some of those cells have a formula that returns a blank cell, "". I want my
line chart to stop if the cell is blank, instead it is showing as a zero
value.
Any ideas on how to do this.

ML

Unfortunately, that is not the problem. When I create my chart it still is
showing those value as 0.

"ML" wrote:

I am trying to create a chart from data that is in the form of a formula,
some of those cells have a formula that returns a blank cell, "". I want my
line chart to stop if the cell is blank, instead it is showing as a zero
value.
Any ideas on how to do this.

RagDyer

Revise your formulas to return the #N/A error.
That error message is invisible to charts.

=IF(A1+B1=0,#N/A,A1+B1)
--
HTH,

RD