-   -   editing problems in excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/38126-editing-problems-excel.html)

Marie-Jose

editing problems in excel

I have a series of numbers edited in word as a single word ex: 0101111100111,
what can I do in order to insert each number (0, 1, 0, 1, 1, ....) in a
single cell when copying to excel. I have a large amount of data so inserting
tabs manually in word between each number is impossible

Nick Hodge

Marie-Jose

Highlight the data and select Datatext to columns. Take the 'fixed width'
option and enter a break every character in the next stage of the wizard

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Marie-Jose" wrote in message
I have a series of numbers edited in word as a single word ex:
0101111100111,
what can I do in order to insert each number (0, 1, 0, 1, 1, ....) in a
single cell when copying to excel. I have a large amount of data so
inserting
tabs manually in word between each number is impossible

Dave O

One idea: in Word, do a search-and-replace and replace each "0" with
"0,"; then replace each "1" with "1,". Import to Excel and perform a
text to columns using the comma as the delimiter.