-   -   Excel Formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/38068-excel-formula.html)

Kelly

Excel Formula

In One sheet I have a chart that has miles and pay.
A B
0 $15
10 $20
15 $25

I want to be able to put in one cell the ammount of miles and in another
cell it will automatically give me the pay. if it is 0-9.99 miles it is $15
and 10-14.99 miles it is $20. I have written a formula before but I can not
seem to remeber how I did it.

goofy11

This should do the trick:

=IF(A2<10,15,IF(AND(A29.99,A2<15),20,25))

"Kelly" wrote:

In One sheet I have a chart that has miles and pay.
A B
0 $15
10 $20
15 $25

I want to be able to put in one cell the ammount of miles and in another
cell it will automatically give me the pay. if it is 0-9.99 miles it is $15
and 10-14.99 miles it is $20. I have written a formula before but I can not
seem to remeber how I did it.

Karthik

Hi Kelly

You need to use Vlookup...

Thanks
Karthik Bhat
Bangalore

Bob Phillips

=VLOOKUP(16,A1:B3,2)

--

HTH

RP

"Kelly" wrote in message
In One sheet I have a chart that has miles and pay.
A B
0 $15
10 $20
15 $25

I want to be able to put in one cell the ammount of miles and in another
cell it will automatically give me the pay. if it is 0-9.99 miles it is

$15
and 10-14.99 miles it is $20. I have written a formula before but I can

not
seem to remeber how I did it.

Karthik

Say you put in the miles in A1 and want result in A2. Enter this in A2
=IF(A1=15,25,IF(A1=10,20,15))

Simple isn't it.

Thanks
Karthik Bhat