-   -   Reference another sheet... (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/3802-reference-another-sheet.html)

Wild Bill

Reference another sheet...

I want to have a validation drop dpown on sheet 1 and have the data for the
validation on sheet2...How? Thanks Bill

Frans van Zelm

Dear Bill,

The other-sheet-data should have a name:
- select you cells
- click in the Name box (Formula bar left, where you see A1)
- type a clear name
- select your validation range
- Data-Validation-tab Settings
- Allow: select List
- Source: press <F3 and select your name

Hope that will do.

Frans

"Wild Bill" wrote in message
I want to have a validation drop dpown on sheet 1 and have the data for

the
validation on sheet2...How? Thanks Bill

Michael

Hi Bill
If say, your data is in A1:B10 on sheet2

Put this in your input range box.

Sheet2!$A$1:$B$10
You can do this by simply selecting the sheet and cells with your mouse.

HTH
Michael

"Wild Bill" wrote:

I want to have a validation drop dpown on sheet 1 and have the data for the
validation on sheet2...How? Thanks Bill

Wild Bill

thanks but I figured it out...