-   -   monitor cell that uses data validation list for change (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/37958-monitor-cell-uses-data-validation-list-change.html)

rgarber50

monitor cell that uses data validation list for change

I have a range of cells that uses an in cell drop down data validation
list for data entry. i would like to move the cell selection to a
different part of the wks after a user changes one of these cells. I
tried the worksheet change event - but it doesn't seem to monitor
changes made by a drop down data validation list.

Anybody have any ideas?

Richard

--
rgarber50
rgarber50's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=11350

Dave Peterson

Are you using xl97?

If you are, then there's a bug (fixed in xl2k) that applies to data|validation
when the list is from a worksheet range.

http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Change

Can you type that list directly into the data|validation dialog (there is a
limit to the number of characters you type, though).

rgarber50 wrote:

I have a range of cells that uses an in cell drop down data validation
list for data entry. i would like to move the cell selection to a
different part of the wks after a user changes one of these cells. I
tried the worksheet change event - but it doesn't seem to monitor
changes made by a drop down data validation list.

Anybody have any ideas?

Richard

--
rgarber50
rgarber50's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=11350
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=391680

--

Dave Peterson

rgarber50

Dave

Thanks once again! - I typed the list in by hand and the change
worksheet event fired properly. I am working on the most recent version
of excel for Mac OSX so i guess the bug still applies to this version.

Richard