-   -   Easy Formula Question - if you know how! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/37954-easy-formula-question-if-you-know-how.html)

Anthony

Easy Formula Question - if you know how!

easy I'm sure if you know how - but I don't.

Value of cells N26 and O26 are added together and result shown in P26
if both values in these two cells are zero (£0.00) I want cell P26 to be
blank and not show a £0.00 value

any ideas ??
thanks

Andrea Jones

Use an IF function:

=IF(SUM(N26:O26)=0,"",SUM(N26:O26)

Andrea Jones
http://www.allaboutoffice.co.uk
http://www.stratatraining.co.uk
http://www.allaboutclait.com

"Anthony" wrote:

easy I'm sure if you know how - but I don't.

Value of cells N26 and O26 are added together and result shown in P26
if both values in these two cells are zero (£0.00) I want cell P26 to be
blank and not show a £0.00 value

any ideas ??
thanks

Niek Otten

Hi Anthony,

Select P26. FormatCells, Number tab, select Custom.
In the type box, delete everything between the second and the third
semicolon (that is the format for zero)

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Anthony" wrote in message
easy I'm sure if you know how - but I don't.

Value of cells N26 and O26 are added together and result shown in P26
if both values in these two cells are zero (£0.00) I want cell P26 to be
blank and not show a £0.00 value

any ideas ??
thanks

Niek Otten

An if you want all zeros not to show, use ToolsOptions, View tab, uncheck
"Zero values"

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Anthony" wrote in message
easy I'm sure if you know how - but I don't.

Value of cells N26 and O26 are added together and result shown in P26
if both values in these two cells are zero (£0.00) I want cell P26 to be
blank and not show a £0.00 value

any ideas ??
thanks

Anthony

Andrea,
Thanks for help - I'll give that a try, I may be back though !!

"Anthony" wrote:

easy I'm sure if you know how - but I don't.

Value of cells N26 and O26 are added together and result shown in P26
if both values in these two cells are zero (£0.00) I want cell P26 to be
blank and not show a £0.00 value

any ideas ??
thanks

Anthony