-   -   How do I eliminate zeros from my Excel database? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/3785-how-do-i-eliminate-zeros-my-excel-database.html)

kbschlepp

How do I eliminate zeros from my Excel database?

I would like to do some calculations with my database but do not want the
zeroes averaged in. Is there a way to eliminate all of the zeroes in my
spreadsheet?

Peo Sjoblom

Assume your database is called MyTable

=AVERAGE(IF(MyTable<0,MyTable))

entered with ctrl + shift & enter

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"kbschlepp" wrote:

I would like to do some calculations with my database but do not want the
zeroes averaged in. Is there a way to eliminate all of the zeroes in my
spreadsheet?

[email protected]

Create another column using logical formula, which
eliminates cells with zero values. You can then use this
column without the zeros. Say the values in the database
column are in Column A and you want to eliminate cells in
Column A with zero cell values. Enter =IF(A1=0,"",A1),
say in Cell B1

.