-   -   Excel, how do I change the column headings from letters to number (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/37815-excel-how-do-i-change-column-headings-letters-number.html)

lazybee

I have a spreadsheet that has numbered columns as opposed to the standard
letters. How can I change this back to letters?

Chip Pearson

Go to the Tools menu, choose Options, then the General tab.
There, uncheck the R1C1 reference style setting.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"lazybee" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that has numbered columns as opposed to the
standard
letters. How can I change this back to letters?

Trevor Shuttleworth

Tools | Options | General tab | select R1C1 reference style

Regards

Trevor

"lazybee" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that has numbered columns as opposed to the standard
letters. How can I change this back to letters?

rockohead

Excel, how do I change the column headings from letters to num

This Is why the internet rules...I can get some sleep now! Thank You.

"lazybee" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that has numbered columns as opposed to the standard
letters. How can I change this back to letters?

Maxim

For Excel 2007 this option is available he

Excel Options/Formulas/R1C1 Reference style