-   -   excel is substituting unicode for a defined name of a cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/37814-excel-substituting-unicode-defined-name-cell.html)

Mack

excel is substituting unicode for a defined name of a cell

I am having a problem in excel that is baffling me.

I have 2 worksheets that are linked with defined names. I am pulling the
text from the defined name of wks 1 to a cell in wks 2.
The cell in wks 2 should display the text Class A instead I get a cell full
of Unicode characters. I have checked the formating and font of both the
linked cells and made sure the defined names are correct. The text looks like
this.

瀀祰献污獥献牨ᵳ 义䕔䕒呓*䍎䵏䕄䕆剒䱁**᱔ 义䕔䕒呓*䍎䵏*䡓剏䕔䵒 䤀呎剅卅义佃䕍*䙅剅䅒*呓 䤀瑮牥獥硅数獮ᵥ
*䍎䵏乏*奁佄乗*䥁佌卓* 㔱㔹弰〰र 㜲〰弰〲ର 坆䕒䅐* 义佃䕍**䍁*奁佄乗*协䕓᱓
䅃䱌*䍃問呎*呎剅卅义佃䕍$䤀呎 卅䅔䥗䡔䕈䑌**䱁䍁佃乕 Shares

The shares part of the text is hard coded. All the rest should be Class A.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Mack