-   -   convert text-format number to number in excel 2000%3f (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/37799-convert-text-format-number-number-excel-2000%253f.html)

Larry

convert text-format number to number in excel 2000%3f

The number in the cells are formatted as text, how can I convert them back to
number quickly. There are around 5000 cells in Excel Spreadsheet of Version
2000.
I tried: Format, Cell, Number, F2, but the conversion is number by number
and it takes too long.

Niek Otten

Copy an empty cell.
Select your "numbers". EditPaste Special, check Add.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel