-   -   How do I generate random, non-repeating numbers that don't change? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/37758-how-do-i-generate-random-non-repeating-numbers-dont-change.html)

bsquared0

How do I generate random, non-repeating numbers that don't change?

I'm setting up a spreadsheet that tracks names and generates random,
non-repeating four-digit ID#'s. Is it possible in Excel 2000?

Jerry W. Lewis

The usual way to generate non repeating random numbers is to make a
complete list of the possible numbers use =RAND() in and adjacent
column, then sort both columns by that auxiliary column and read of the
desired number of values from the first column.

Jerry