-   -   Hiding cell equation from unautherized editing (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/37726-hiding-cell-equation-unautherized-editing.html)

Colin2u

Hiding cell equation from unautherized editing

thanks to you guys, i have some what completed my family budget plan. what i
will like to do is to have certen cells be protected (the formula that gives
the results, have the formula be goast). is there a way to goast only the
formula and show the results of that cell in the work sheet. if thats
possible, would i the creater be able to rework any goast formula within the
work sheet?
thanks to all you techs out there who gotten me this far from knowing
nothing in MS Excel.
Colin.

Elisabeth

Select the cells with the formulas you want to hide. Go to Format -- Cells
-- Protection and check the Hidden box. Now when you protect your worksheet
(Tools -- Protection -- Protect Sheet), the formulas will not show, but the
results
of the formulas will still appear. Note: If you use a password, don't
forget to make a note of it so that you will be able to unprotect your
worksheet later.

To edit the hidden formulas, you will need to first unprotect the worksheet
(Tools -- Protection -- Unprotect Sheet).

P.S. By default, all cells in the worksheet are locked, so if there are
cells you want to edit while the worksheet is protected, you will need to
first unlock those cells. To do that, select the cells you want to unlock,
then go to Format -- Cells -- Protection, uncheck the Locked box.
--
Elisabeth