-   -   can cell's act like time clock at a certen time/date for payments (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/37660-can-cells-act-like-time-clock-certen-time-date-payments.html)

Colin2u

can cell's act like time clock at a certen time/date for payments

i was wondering if one can use a sheet cell of a particuler item, to function
like a time clock to remind of schedule payments. i have created a basic
family budget planner which has in cridet cards to be paid.

Fred

You might investigate the use of 'Conditional Formatting' to change the
background colour of a cell when today's date (TODAY()) has some meaning in
relation to the pay date. eg. Red when overdue, yellow when due in 5 days
time, otherwise green.

HTH,
Fred

"Colin2u" wrote:

i was wondering if one can use a sheet cell of a particuler item, to function
like a time clock to remind of schedule payments. i have created a basic
family budget planner which has in cridet cards to be paid.

Dave Peterson

I'm not sure I would go all the way to time, but using dates seems reasonable to
me.

I put the bill name in column A2
I put the date due in column B2
I put "paid" in column C2 (or left blank if not paid)
I put this formula in D2:

=IF(A2="","",IF(C2<"","",
IF(B2-TODAY()=0,"Due in: ","Overdue by: ")&ABS(B2-TODAY())&" days"))

(all one cell)

Then with D2 selected I used format|conditional formatting
formula is:
=LEFT(D2,4)="over"
and give it a bold, red font.

And then I dragged D2 down that column as far as I needed it.

If column A is empty, you won't see anything. If column C has something in it,
then you won't see anything, too.

--

Dave Peterson

Colin2u

Somehow this formula do not work (even when protecting the worksheet/book.).
IS THERE ANOTHER WAY TO DO THIS?

Colin2u wrote:

i was wondering if one can use a sheet cell of a particuler item, to function
like a time clock to remind of schedule payments. i have created a basic
family budget planner which has in cridet cards to be paid.

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

What happens when you try the formula?

In fact, who is your data laid out and what is the formula you used?

Colin2u wrote:

i was wondering if one can use a sheet cell of a particuler item, to function
like a time clock to remind of schedule payments. i have created a basic
family budget planner which has in cridet cards to be paid.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Colin2u

this is what I want to do.
I want to have a particuler cell next to the bill name with the date when it
is due and if posible another or the same cell actvate (flashs) at least 4
business days prier to the due date of being over due. all this is to be done
automatically. what i am trying to do is to have the item dummy roof to othe
other user in the household. thankyou

Colin2u wrote:

i was wondering if one can use a sheet cell of a particuler item, to function
like a time clock to remind of schedule payments. i have created a basic
family budget planner which has in cridet cards to be paid.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

I would use that formula and format the cell in big red bold letters.