Brento

Default Urgent Help Needed with coloumn compare

Hi All,

I need some advice and guidence comparing 2 columns of data and finding
the difference between the two.

The cell info is:
A B
1 27/07/2005 10:00 27/07/2005 10:30 The answer in minutes
difference

Column 'C' is where I need the answer.

I have tried right formulars to only catch the last 5 characters and
then in the next colum try a simple minus formular but I get an error
in that cell '#VALUE!'

Please Help I'm in desperate need of the answer.

Thank you.
Brent

--
Brento
Brento's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25213

Dave O

Assuming your timestamps are entered in Excel format (a serial date
number), the formula is
=(B1-A1)*24*60

This can be simplified to
=(B1-A1)*1440
.... but I wanted to show that the 1440 is the result of multiplying 24
hours by 60 minutes.