-   -   get a colored text in one cell to appear the same way in others (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/37540-get-colored-text-one-cell-appear-same-way-others.html)

anton

get a colored text in one cell to appear the same way in others

I would like to have a cell that says "great" and is colored purple to
appear the same way whenever I type the word "great"

Ray A

One way
Formatconditional formatformula is=a1="great"<select formating
Adjust cell location as required
HTH

"anton" wrote:

I would like to have a cell that says "great" and is colored purple to
appear the same way whenever I type the word "great"

Paul Sheppard

Use conditional formatting, select the range of cells wheer you want
"great" to be coloured purple, then from the format menu select
conditional formatting, leave condition 1 as "Cell value is" from the
next drop down select equal to, in the third box type great and then
click on the format button and select the format you want

--
Paul Sheppard
Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24783

anton