-   -   Date Function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/37387-date-function.html)

LisaS

Date Function

I need to know how to calculate the mmm/dd/yyyy (date) when contracts expire.
2 questions:
1. If A1 contains the start date. =edate(A1,+Xmonths) Does this take into
account varying days in different months? Is this the best function to use?

2. Can I use this function in Word? The document that contains the
contract start date will not have the date in a table.

Thanks,
Lisa

Ray A

You must have the analysis ToolPak add-in installed to use edate. Edate
returns the serial number of the date.
1) cell A1 entered 2/1/2005
A2 is =edate(A1,12) display is 38749
B2 format to date is 2/1/2006
Exchange 12 for 1 month and the answer is 38412 or 3/1/2005
Can't help with Word
HTH