-   -   Find a not exact match using vlookup (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/37382-find-not-exact-match-using-vlookup.html)

Russ B

Find a not exact match using vlookup

I am trying to pull data together from 2 outside sources. I want to match
names from the two sheets. However, one sheet has all names (about 13,000 of
them) with a middle initial and one doesn't. So, I cannot use an exact match.
But when I use TRUE I am getting the wrong data. Any ideas??

Thank you for you help!!

Russ

Russ B

Nevermind....It's as easy as just splitting cells.