Stumped

Totalling unique values

I have a list with the following

Cust Qty
A 1
B 2
A 2
C 1

How can I subtotal Quantities for each customer? (i.e. Cust A should
subtotal 3)
I have already used the Advanced Filter to pull out the unique customer ID's
I just don't know how to get the subtotal for each.

Ray A

Hi Stumped,
Fist thing is to sort the list by customer number. Then go to datasub
totals at each change in CustsumQty. You will get a sub total and a grand
total.
HTH
ray

"Stumped" wrote:

I have a list with the following

Cust Qty
A 1
B 2
A 2
C 1

How can I subtotal Quantities for each customer? (i.e. Cust A should
subtotal 3)
I have already used the Advanced Filter to pull out the unique customer ID's
I just don't know how to get the subtotal for each.

aristotle

Hi,

Assume Cust is in col A:A and Qty in B:B. In C2:

=SUMIF(A:A,A2,B:B)