-   -   Adding logical values (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/3724-adding-logical-values.html)

Veronique

Adding logical values

I tried to add a range of cells which values came from a
function and the result was 0. It didn't seem to
understand the result of my function as a true number.

any hint on how to add this range of cells?

Thanks much,

Aladin Akyurek

They are probably text-formatted if a text function has created them as in:

=LEFT(A1,2)

while A1 houses something like 215 or 21A.

=--LEFT(A1,2)

or

=LEFT(A1,2)+0

would make the result a true number.