-   -   Find Multiple Maximums (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/37185-find-multiple-maximums.html)

cdavidson

Find Multiple Maximums

My Problem:

I need to write a formula that will return the 'highest' number in a group
of ranked numbers.

Month Count Rank Required Unique Max # Sought
------- ---------------- -----------------
--------------------------
12 20 2
3
12 20 3
12 40 1
11 15 2
4
11 15 3
11 10 4
11 20 1
10 30 1
4
10 30 2
10 25 3
10 25 4

As per the example above, I need a formula that will return only one '3',
when referencing the group of 12's, and return only one '4' when referencing
the group of 11's, etc.

Many thanks for your assistance.

olasa

This will return the highest number in each group:
=LARGE(IF($A$2:$A$20=12,$C$2:$C$20),1)
12--3, 11--4, 10--4

HTH
Ola Sandström

Note: This is an Array formula, so it Must be confirmed by holding down
Ctrl and Shift, and then hit Enter. Otherwise it will return #VALUE!

--
olasa
olasa's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=17760