-   -   Unhiding Protected Rows and Columns? is it possible? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/37089-unhiding-protected-rows-columns-possible.html)

guilf

Unhiding Protected Rows and Columns? is it possible?

I have a workbook with a number of worksheets that all interlink.

I have protected a number of cells in one of the sheets.

the problem arrises in that the unprotected cells cannot be hidden or
indeed unhidden when the sheet is protected. Is there a way I can
protect cells whilst still keeping the formatting ability to widen /
hide rows etc.

thanks

--
guilf
guilf's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25608

Dave Peterson

If you're using xl2002+, you can choose to format columns or rows in the
tools|protect|protect sheet dialog.

If you're using xl2k or below, maybe you could provide a macro that would
unprotect the sheet, hide the row and then reprotect the sheet.