-   -   automatically adjust row height in excel 2000 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/37080-automatically-adjust-row-height-excel-2000-a.html)

David D

automatically adjust row height in excel 2000

I have a paragraph of test in a merged, word-wrapped cell. When I
double-click the row to auto adjust the height, it only show the first
sentence. My question is, is there a way to get the row height to either
automatically adjust as I type text; or is there a way to fix the
double-click feature to adjust with the text?

DNA

Right click on the cell, go to Format Cells, select the Alignment tab, and
ensure Wrap Text is checked.

David D

It is checked. I figured out what was a matter as I read through some of the
other questions and posts. The cell I had all the info in was a merged cell
and I read that Excel has some problems with automatically adjusting row
height if the cells are merged. So I figured out what I needed to do, but
thanks for your help...