-   -   Does Excel have a limit on lines it will wrap in a cell? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/37061-does-excel-have-limit-lines-will-wrap-cell.html)

Nottme

Does Excel have a limit on lines it will wrap in a cell?

I have a merged cell with 15 lines of text. After the 13th line the auto
text wrap will not work I have to enter manual line breaks to be able to see
the last two lines. Is this a bug in Excel?

bj

It is not officially a bug it is part of the planned limitation of Excel.

"Nottme" wrote:

I have a merged cell with 15 lines of text. After the 13th line the auto
text wrap will not work I have to enter manual line breaks to be able to see
the last two lines. Is this a bug in Excel?

Earl Kiosterud

Nott,

A cell can store 32K characters, but will display only 1K, unless you put in
some manual line feeds. Could you have reached a thousand characters in
your 15 lines?

Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

"Nottme" wrote in message
I have a merged cell with 15 lines of text. After the 13th line the auto
text wrap will not work I have to enter manual line breaks to be able to
see
the last two lines. Is this a bug in Excel?

Melissa

One of my cells indeed got "cut-off" at around the 1000 char mark but I also
have another cell displaying all 1600+ characters without me having to
manually drag the row bigger. Why does this happen?

"Nottme" wrote in message
I have a merged cell with 15 lines of text. After the 13th line the auto
text wrap will not work I have to enter manual line breaks to be able to
see
the last two lines. Is this a bug in Excel?

Bertie

Does Excel have a limit on lines it will wrap in a cell?

Alt&Enter is fine unless the appearance of the text needs to be OK both on
screen and when printed (forced breaks using Alt&Enter can appear in the
'wrong' place when the sheet is peinted). If this is the case, copy your text
into a text box, and drag the borders of the text box to exactly the same
width and height as your merged cells. You can use format text box to remove
the border if required.
--
Bertie C