-   -   program excel worksheet to automatically not print blank rows (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/37017-program-excel-worksheet-automatically-not-print-blank-rows.html)

[email protected]

program excel worksheet to automatically not print blank rows

I have an excel spreadsheet where a pivot table is automatically
generated that varies in length. I don't want to resize the print area
each time. Is there a macro that anyone can share that instructs excel
not to print blank rows?
Thanks

Roger Govier

Take a look at Ron de Bruin's site
http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm
in particualr scroll down to the section
Hide Rows or Cells when you print a sheet
and insert the section Hide rows with a blank cell in column A

--
Regards
Roger Govier
wrote in message
oups.com...
I have an excel spreadsheet where a pivot table is automatically
generated that varies in length. I don't want to resize the print area
each time. Is there a macro that anyone can share that instructs excel
not to print blank rows?
Thanks

Debra Dalgleish

Unless you have other data on the sheet, you shouldn't need a print
area. Clear it, then the pages to print will adjust as the pivot table
changes size.

wrote:
I have an excel spreadsheet where a pivot table is automatically
generated that varies in length. I don't want to resize the print area
each time. Is there a macro that anyone can share that instructs excel
not to print blank rows?
Thanks

--
Debra Dalgleish