-   -   help question so basic I can not find answer (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/36996-help-question-so-basic-i-can-not-find-answer.html)

ed101

help question so basic I can not find answer

When I type in 16 or more numbers in a cell it always turns the last one
to a 0 and even when I pick the format number it still changes the last
number into a o. How can I make excell leave the digital number I type
in?

--
ed101
ed101's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25587

Dave Peterson

Excel only keeps track of 16 digits.

So you can either preformat the cell as text or enter your data as text (start
with an apostrophe): '1234567890123456.

In both of these cases, these "numbers" will be treated as text.