-   -   protect a workbook from being deleted (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/3664-protect-workbook-being-deleted.html)

Toni's Taxi

protect a workbook from being deleted

Can someone tell me if I can prevent an Excel workbook from being deleted
from my file without some sort message being sent to verify this request?

Gord Dibben

Toni

A workbook is a file.

Do you mean prevent a worksheet from being deleted from a workbook?

The alert message is built-in. When you try to delete a sheet you are asked
if you really want to do this.

If that is not sufficient, Protect the workbook under ToolsProtectionProtect
Book.

No way can a sheet be deleted unless the protection is removed. You would
place a password to unprotect for sheet deletion.

Note that workbook protection passwords are easily cracked.

If none of the above assists, post back with your exact needs. There may
another way.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP