-   -   Create Windows Directories from column entries? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/36624-create-windows-directories-column-entries.html)

|| cypher ||

Create Windows Directories from column entries?

I have to create approximately 2800 folders. I have created a worksheet
which has concatenated the various data needed to create the final desired
name of each directory. I am now copying and pasteing while ALT-TABing
between a Windows "Open Folder" dialog window, where I hit the "New Folder"
button. I am wondering if there is a way to have a select column/row set to
be coded or scripted to make the output to new windows directories?

Thank you

Bob Phillips

For i = 1 To Cells(Rows.Count,"A").End(xlUp).Rpw
mkDir Cells(i,"A").Value

HTH

Bob Phillips

"|| cypher ||" wrote in message
I have to create approximately 2800 folders. I have created a worksheet
which has concatenated the various data needed to create the final desired
name of each directory. I am now copying and pasteing while ALT-TABing
between a Windows "Open Folder" dialog window, where I hit the "New

Folder"
button. I am wondering if there is a way to have a select column/row set

be coded or scripted to make the output to new windows directories?

Thank you

Don Guillett

a bit of clean up perhaps
For i = 1 To Cells(Rows.Count,"A").End(xlUp).rOw
mkDir Cells(i,"A").Value
next i

--
Don Guillett