-   -   ... How do I Hyperlink to worksheet of an Excel file ... (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/36591-how-do-i-hyperlink-worksheet-excel-file.html)

Dr. Darrell

... How do I Hyperlink to worksheet of an Excel file ...

I have built a worksheet which I want to be a directory to fourteen
worksheets of another Excel File.

The Hyperlinks open the file to the last saved window of the file.

How do I link to only a specific worksheet?

Darrell

Dave Peterson

Are you using Insert|Hyperlink to create the hyperlink?

If I point to: Book1.xls

and add the address I want to go to so it looks like: Book1.xls#sheet2!a5

It works ok.

A tip.

If you may be inserting rows/columns in that worksheet, you may want to give
that cell a name and use that. Otherwise, that link will go to sheet2!a5 no
matter if that's really the cell you want.

Same kind of thing with the =hyperlink() worksheet function:

=HYPERLINK('C:\My Documents\excel\[Book1.xls]Sheet2'!A5,"click me")

And that formula is easier to build with book1.xls open and using the mouse to
click on the cell you want.

--

Dave Peterson