-   -   Lock in current date (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/3658-lock-current-date.html)

Angus

Lock in current date

Help please. I have a worksheet where data is entered in a number of cells.
I want another sheet to display the date the data was entered in a
corresponding cell and to be blank when nothing is entered. I can get the
blanks to work OK and I can get the current date with this formula -
=IF('worksheet 1'!B4="","",TODAY()) - The problem is that the date changes
every day. How can I write this formula to keep the date the same regardless
of what day it is? Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Peo Sjoblom

One way

Peo Sjoblom