-   -   auto count for cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/36445-auto-count-cells.html)

Christa

auto count for cells

Is there any way to count the characters in a cell?
I have to only have 12 in one and 30 in another.
HELP!!
christa

Dave O

The formula is
=LEN(A1)
Substitute your actual cell reference for A1. This returns the number
of characters in a string.

Christa

YES!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH. You just saved me literally hours of work.

"Dave O" wrote:

The formula is
=LEN(A1)
Substitute your actual cell reference for A1. This returns the number
of characters in a string.

Jim

Thanks from me to! So simple and yet saves so much time!
Cheers
Jim