-   -   Import data files larger than one spreadsheet maximum? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/36101-import-data-files-larger-than-one-spreadsheet-maximum.html)

Bobby Joe Mo

Import data files larger than one spreadsheet maximum?

We are trying to import a very large (e.g., 1.4 million rows) data file into
Excel. This exceeds the row limit in Excel. Is there a solution without going
to Access that would permit creating sequential; i.e., the data could span or
be linked across multiple spreadsheets.
Thank you,
Bob

Nick Hodge

Bob

It cannot be done easily... what are you trying to achieve? If it is a
final summary report, then consider using ODBC from your data source into an
Excel pivot table. I bring 250,000+ each week and it works great.

If you are just looking to bring in flat data...honestly... you have the
wrong tool. You should look at Access (At least)

--
HTH
Nick Hodge