-   -   excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/36089-excel.html)

Tam W

excel

When I open a new spreadsheet and enter any number it is divided by 100. No
formulae are present, when I open an old sheet and enter a number in a blank
field it is also divided. Any ideas ( new to excel)

sebastienm

Hi,
It could be that you are set on 'Fixed Decimal'
Goto menu Tools Options, tab Edit, uncheck 'Fixed Decimal'

Sébastien