-   -   Excel File - Read Only Error (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/35956-excel-file-read-only-error.html)

ritu

Excel File - Read Only Error

When we received a excel file through mail , while opening the file i
received a error :corrupt file, run repair to to extract the contents.

The same file when opened on another PC received an error : read only.

Please asuggest a immediate solution

Michael

Can you right-click the file, go to properties and uncheck read only?
--
Sincerely, Michael Colvin

"ritu" wrote:

When we received a excel file through mail , while opening the file i
received a error :corrupt file, run repair to to extract the contents.

The same file when opened on another PC received an error : read only.

Please asuggest a immediate solution

ritu

In the file properties, the read option is already unchecked

R.VENKATARAMAN

try reboot the computer and then call that file. see whether it helps
it helped in a few cases in my computer (windows98SE and excel 2000)
this is only episodic suggestion.

ritu wrote in message
ups.com...
In the file properties, the read option is already unchecked