-   -   Check dates against a date range. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/358818-check-dates-against-date-range.html)

hombreazul

Check dates against a date range.

Hello,

I am hoping some Excel guru in here can help me out.

I have a series of dates in a column mm/dd/yyyy. I want to check these against a named range on another sheet which lists holidays, called holidays.

Now if a date in the original column occurs one day before the one of the dates listed on the named range, then the result should read "-1". If two days prior, it should read "-2" and so on.

I have tried a vlookup, iferror combination and it's not working. Thanks in advance.