-   -   import data using macro (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/35866-import-data-using-macro.html)

chris_rip

import data using macro

I'm trying to import data with exel. I import ten sets of data that are
written in xls format. Here is my method for importing. In the data tab I
press import external data and then press next and then add a space. I do
the same process ten times and was wondering if I could streamline this
process with a macro. Would it be possible to import one set and then teach
the macro to import the next 9 data files in succession. The name of the
files will change every time, but they always are in order (i.e. 718cr1,
718cr2, 718cr3, etc.). The 718 represents today's date, which is the day I
collected the data and the final number is the trial number. If anyone has
any ideas I would love to hear them. Thank You!!!