-   -   Ignoring #DIV/0! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/35812-ignoring-div-0-a.html)

tillyosu

Ignoring #DIV/0!

How can I make excel ignore a #DIV/0! error when averaging a range of
cells???

--
tillyosu
tillyosu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25114

Mike

An if statement that does the averaging calc only when it is not zero.

"tillyosu" wrote:

How can I make excel ignore a #DIV/0! error when averaging a range of
cells???

--
tillyosu
tillyosu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25114
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=388049

Bob Phillips

Something like

=IF(B1=0,"",A1/B1)

--

HTH

RP

"tillyosu" wrote in
message ...

How can I make excel ignore a #DIV/0! error when averaging a range of
cells???

--
tillyosu
tillyosu's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=388049

Harlan Grove

tillyosu wrote...
How can I make excel ignore a #DIV/0! error when averaging a range of
cells???

Meaning something like AVERAGE(B5:D10) returns #DIV/0! ? That only
happens when there are no numeric values in the range or when one or
more of the cells in the range evaluates to #DIV/0! . You probably
shouldn't ignore the latter.

As for the former, it depends on what you want to show, but the generic
approach is

=IF(COUNT(B5:D10),AVERAGE(B5:D10),"")