-   -   Removing formulas but keeping formula totals. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/35805-removing-formulas-but-keeping-formula-totals.html)

cowboyeti

Removing formulas but keeping formula totals.

I need to delete some columns that are part of other cell formulas. How do I
go about deleting one column but keep the results of the formulas in other
cells?

Ex. I need to delete column G, but need to keep the result in column H.
When I do delete column G I get the #REF! error. I need to remove formula and
keep number 10.3.

G H

10 =G1*1.03

Thanks!

Michael

Select the cell with the formula, edit - paste special - values. HTH
--
Sincerely, Michael Colvin

"cowboyeti" wrote:

I need to delete some columns that are part of other cell formulas. How do I
go about deleting one column but keep the results of the formulas in other
cells?

Ex. I need to delete column G, but need to keep the result in column H.
When I do delete column G I get the #REF! error. I need to remove formula and
keep number 10.3.

G H

10 =G1*1.03

Thanks!

cowboyeti

Michael,

When I go to the cell with the formula in it I don't get the option of paste
special. It's shaded out. I also right clicked in the cell, and it (paste
special) is not avaliable also.

"cowboyeti" wrote:

I need to delete some columns that are part of other cell formulas. How do I
go about deleting one column but keep the results of the formulas in other
cells?

Ex. I need to delete column G, but need to keep the result in column H.
When I do delete column G I get the #REF! error. I need to remove formula and
keep number 10.3.

G H

10 =G1*1.03

Thanks!

Mangus Pyke

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 09:16:09 -0700, cowboyeti
wrote:
When I go to the cell with the formula in it I don't get the option of paste
special. It's shaded out. I also right clicked in the cell, and it (paste
special) is not avaliable also.

Do you have the cell locked/protected?

MP-
--
"Learning is a behavior that results from consequences."
B.F. Skinner

Anders Silven

You must copy first:

- Copy the cell(s)
- Edit - Paste Special - Values with the same cell(s) selected

HTH
Anders SIlven

"cowboyeti" wrote:

I need to delete some columns that are part of other cell formulas.
How do I
go about deleting one column but keep the results of the formulas in
other
cells?

Ex. I need to delete column G, but need to keep the result in column
H.
When I do delete column G I get the #REF! error. I need to remove
formula and
keep number 10.3.

G H

10 =G1*1.03

Thanks!

Michael

Sorry, cowbyeti. First you have to copy the cell and then do the edit -
paste special -values on the same cell.
--
Sincerely, Michael Colvin

"cowboyeti" wrote:

I need to delete some columns that are part of other cell formulas. How do I
go about deleting one column but keep the results of the formulas in other
cells?

Ex. I need to delete column G, but need to keep the result in column H.
When I do delete column G I get the #REF! error. I need to remove formula and
keep number 10.3.

G H

10 =G1*1.03

Thanks!