-   -   how do i make a date change automatically if i change one before . (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/3563-how-do-i-make-date-change-automatically-if-i-change-one-before.html)

dpl7579

how do i make a date change automatically if i change one before .

I have a production schedule within an excel document. I have a start date
and a release date. Between these dates I have different dates that
represent deliverys, approvals and review dates. These dates are sometimes
changed due to weather, client issues, etc. Everytime I have to change a
date, I have to look at a calendar and make the changes in each cell after
the first change.

Is there a way to format all the cells after the first start date, so if I
change one date, all dates after that will change the same amount of days,
leaving out weekends and national holidays.

Take into consideration that the dates listed are not in order. I.e. (Start
Date 1/17, send 1st round layouts 1/21, get client approval 1/24, etc)

Any help would be appriciated. Cheers.

Abi

Do you have a specific time period in which to do everything? I mean, If
your flow is StartReviewApproveShip (as an example) do you have a set
number of days that are required between each, as in:

Start to Review - 10 days
Review to Approve - 10 days
Approve to Ship - 10 days

Or, is there no set schedule, (or at the very least, a policy-driven
schedule!)

Abi

"dpl7579" wrote:

I have a production schedule within an excel document. I have a start date
and a release date. Between these dates I have different dates that
represent deliverys, approvals and review dates. These dates are sometimes
changed due to weather, client issues, etc. Everytime I have to change a
date, I have to look at a calendar and make the changes in each cell after
the first change.

Is there a way to format all the cells after the first start date, so if I
change one date, all dates after that will change the same amount of days,
leaving out weekends and national holidays.

Take into consideration that the dates listed are not in order. I.e. (Start
Date 1/17, send 1st round layouts 1/21, get client approval 1/24, etc)

Any help would be appriciated. Cheers.