-   -   Rounding time in excel (2003) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/3524-rounding-time-excel-2003-a.html)

Alan

Rounding time in excel (2003)

I want to get a formula to round time up to the nearest 15 minutes. The
challenge is that the field I need to analyze is in a decimal form.
Example: In A1 is the value 2.20
I want an equation in B1 that results in the answer 2.25, or 2 and a
1/4 hours.

Can anyone help?

TIA, Alan

JE McGimpsey

One way:

=CEILING(A1,0.25)

In article ,
"Alan" wrote:

I want to get a formula to round time up to the nearest 15 minutes. The
challenge is that the field I need to analyze is in a decimal form.
Example: In A1 is the value 2.20
I want an equation in B1 that results in the answer 2.25, or 2 and a
1/4 hours.

Can anyone help?

TIA, Alan

David Welch

Alan wrote:
I want to get a formula to round time up to the nearest 15 minutes. The
challenge is that the field I need to analyze is in a decimal form.
Example: In A1 is the value 2.20
I want an equation in B1 that results in the answer 2.25, or 2 and a
1/4 hours.

Can anyone help?

TIA, Alan

I think this should work:
=TIME(ROUND(YourCell,0), ROUND(MINUTE(YourCell/24)/15,0)*15,0)

Alan

JE McGimpsey wrote:

One way:

=CEILING(A1,0.25)

In article ,
"Alan" wrote:

I want to get a formula to round time up to the nearest 15 minutes.
The challenge is that the field I need to analyze is in a decimal
form. Example: In A1 is the value 2.20
I want an equation in B1 that results in the answer 2.25, or 2 and a
1/4 hours.

Can anyone help?

TIA, Alan

Excellent! Thx