-   -   Crash (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/35191-crash.html)

martin

Crash

I have a windows 98SE box that every time I click to start excel it either
freezes up or gives blue screen. I have run repair from add/remove programs.
No help. Any ideas. (Excel is part of office XP)

Thank you,

Anne Troy

Try troubleshooting Excel:

*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"martin" wrote in message
I have a windows 98SE box that every time I click to start excel it either
freezes up or gives blue screen. I have run repair from add/remove

programs.
No help. Any ideas. (Excel is part of office XP)

Thank you,

Dave Peterson

And some more reading...

Chip Pearson has some notes on how to diagnose startup errors at:

And Jan Karel Pieterse has more notes at:
http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/StartupProblems.htm

--

Dave Peterson