-   -   Change Default Add-in Folder (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/35123-change-default-add-folder.html)

compound

Change Default Add-in Folder

Great Day!
Is there a way to change default add-in folder in Excel so in stead of
going to the C:\Documents and Settings\"username"\Application
Data\Microsoft\Addins\ it goes to my folder (C:/MyAddins).

Thank you.
Compound.

--
compound
compound's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=11556

Jim Rech

I think if you use Regedit to modify this key value:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\C ommon\General\AddIns

from "AddIns" to your path "C:\MyAddins", when you click the Browse button
on the Addins dialog it will open to that folder.

--
Jim
"compound" wrote in

| Great Day!
| Is there a way to change default add-in folder in Excel so in stead of
| going to the C:\Documents and Settings\"username"\Application
| Data\Microsoft\Addins\ it goes to my folder (C:/MyAddins).
|
| Thank you.
| Compound.
|

| --
| compound
| compound's Profile:
| View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=386889

compound

Jim, Thank you for your reply.
I tried your suggestion but excel would not recognize any paths in the
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\C ommon\General\AddIns
string. I tried different paths but no luck.
If I type default value "AddIns" then it brings me back to the default
addin folder. If I type C:\MyAddIns or "C:\MyAddins" it directs me to
the C: drive. I even tried C:\Temp. It seams excel doesn't except
paths. It is looking for string such as AddIns or Template.

Thank you again.
Compound.