-   -   only 5 digit zip codes (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/35105-only-5-digit-zip-codes.html)

sweet_tart08

only 5 digit zip codes

Can I format the cells in Excel that will only provide a 5 digit zip code? In
Excel, I open a database that gives me 5 digit and 9 digit zip codes. When I
go into Word to do mail merge, it can only take the five digit zip codes. Is
there a way to change the 9 digits to 5 digits in Excel or in Word, or is
there a way to allow the 9 digits in mail merges in Word?

Thanks in advance.

CyberTaz

Word should have no trouble with the zip+4 or the fact that some records
don't have but 5 digits. (Unless you're using a very old version of Word.)

HTH |:)