-   -   how do i save custom data in excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/35045-how-do-i-save-custom-data-excel.html)

[email protected]

how do i save custom data in excel

Hi All,

I am creating an add-in for Word and Excel. Now i my query is want
to save some data (approx 100KB) in Excel as hidden.
I implemented in Word using Variables, and it's working fine, even
user can't able to get it externaly.
I want to implement same thing for Excel.
Any idea.

Thanks
Rushi

Dave Peterson

If you're creating an addin in excel, you could just put your data on a
worksheet.

Excel's addins are hidden when you open then.
(Make sure you save the file as an addin, *.xla.)

--

Dave Peterson

[email protected]

Very thanx Dave for giving some interest.

You are sugesting me to create xla file.
But i don't want to do that, i don't want to create a single file on
user computer.
Is there any way to store it in along with Excel file only. Like Word
supports for Variable.

Dave Peterson

But you said you were creating an addin for excel. You could put that data in
that addin.

Maybe I misunderstand the question.