-   -   Addition of a number of fields (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/34720-addition-number-fields.html)

Danny

Use an array formulat:

=sum(if(a1:a25="Peter",b1:b25)) in cell say h1 to get all "Peter" in
a1:a25 and their corresponding values in b1:b25, =sum()'ed up, is an array
formula, so, to enter it you press ctrl-shift-enter, not just enter.

Danny

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 05:40:55 -0700, tom300181
wrote:

I have a table that has a column of users (many duplicates) and a column
of times. I need to be able to produce a table that will show the user
(once only) and a sum of all of their times from table one.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Tom

tom300181

--
tom300181
tom300181's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21580

Anne Troy

It's called Subtotals:

*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"tom300181" wrote
in message ...

I have a table that has a column of users (many duplicates) and a column
of times. I need to be able to produce a table that will show the user
(once only) and a sum of all of their times from table one.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Tom

--
tom300181
tom300181's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=386102

CyberTaz

Hi Tom-

Another thought:

If you want to display the results elsewhere rather than having subtotals
inserted in the original range, you might want to try the DSUM function. It
will selectively sum the times using the user names as criteria regardless of
how the records are sorted.

HTH |:)