-   -   formula is in C6 - put results in F12 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/34625-formula-c6-put-results-f12.html)

Bob

formula is in C6 - put results in F12

How do I put the results of a formula into a different cell from the formula?
Thanks, Bob

garfield-n-odie

Type =C6 in cell F12.

Bob wrote:
How do I put the results of a formula into a different cell from the formula?
Thanks, Bob

Bob

Of course. I don't know what I was thinking. Except, I thought I'd read
that the cell that contains the formula can contain a statement telling where
to redirect the results. But I suppose having one cell equal the formula
cell would be enough.
Thanks, Bob

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

Type =C6 in cell F12.

Bob wrote:
How do I put the results of a formula into a different cell from the formula?
Thanks, Bob

Otto Moehrbach

Bob
A formula can put the results of the formula in only the cell in which
it resides. Otto
"Bob" wrote in message
Of course. I don't know what I was thinking. Except, I thought I'd read
that the cell that contains the formula can contain a statement telling
where
to redirect the results. But I suppose having one cell equal the formula
cell would be enough.
Thanks, Bob

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

Type =C6 in cell F12.