-   -   working folder (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/3457-working-folder.html)

David

working folder

I would like to direct the "startup working folder" to a computer on the
server that is sharing its documents. The path is Z:\documents and
settings\all users\shared documents but the program doesn't allow me
to point there due to the spaces (I guees) in the folder names.

Any suggestions?

David

Dave O

When you say
but the program doesn't allow me

.... is "the program" referring to Excel? The menu option Tools
Options General will allow you to set the default file location, and

if that's the case you should be able to enter spaces in the folder
names.