yalda

Default i wana to know about Go to option that it is in view menu

i wana to know the job of Go to That it is in view menu

Norman Jones

Hi Yalda,

Move the cursor to the Go To item, press Shift -F1.

---
Regards,
Norman

"yalda" wrote in message
i wana to know the job of Go to That it is in view menu

Debra Dalgleish

There's a Go To in the Edit menu, that opens a dialog box where you can
type a cell reference, or range name, and go to that location. Or, click
the Special button, and select cells with special characteristics.

If you press the F5 key, it also open the Go To dialog box.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Debra Dalgleish

This tip helps in Excel 2002 or earlier versions. Unfortunately, in
Excel 2003, context sensitive help has been removed, so this technique
will only open the Help pane.

"yalda" wrote in message

i wana to know the job of Go to That it is in view menu

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Norman Jones

Hi Debra,

I was not aware that this had changed in xl2003.

Thank you for the information.

---
Regards,
Norman

"yalda" wrote in message

i wana to know the job of Go to That it is in view menu

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

David McRitchie

Hi Debra and Norman,
Didn't know that context help within menus was available in Excel,
sure would have made examining menus a lot easier had I known
about it -- maybe I should go through the menus again now while I still
have a chance to learn. Just checked IE, OE, Windows Explorer,
Notepad and Firefox -- they don't have it -- I think Excel really had
something there. Nice to know I've still got it.

Was that all context help was removed from 2003, including toolbars,
or was it just the menus, what about the VBE. Best to tell me today,
don't think I could stand the shock two days in row.

Between removal of what would have been a real important feature had
I known about it and wording like " i wana know" I'd say this day is shot
before it's hardly begun.

BTW, my Go To (Ctrl+G) is in the Edit menu, not in the View Menu
I wouldn't think they changed that in Excel 2003, on the other hand 2003
gets more diabolical (evil by design) every time it's mentioned. <grin.
---
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote ...

"yalda" wrote in message

i wana to know the job of Go to That it is in view menu

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Norman Jones

Hi David,

Didn't know that context help within menus was available in Excel,

You will have seen (and forgotten) it in:

Help | Whats This?

But ... why would YOU ever use the help menu when there is a resource like:

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm

---
Regards,
Norman

"yalda" wrote in message

i wana to know the job of Go to That it is in view menu

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

David McRitchie

Hi Norman,
I mean within the menus. I use Shift+F1, including in the dialogs
lot easier bring it up and then drag then to hit the [?] and then drag.

Question still is did Excel 2003 get rid of all of their context help.

Anyway that's a real good reference for when I forget how to do something.
Actually if I never learned it, I don't have to worry about forgetting. <grin

What's worse than finding out how do to something in my own
webpages, is not being able to find something that I know is there.
Of course the worst thing is having to look at newsgroup entries
on ersatz web pages every time you try to do a web search.
---
HTH,

Hi David,

"yalda" wrote in message

i wana to know the job of Go to That it is in view menu

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Debra Dalgleish

Hi David,

Sorry to ruin your day, but it is nice to know that you've still got it! <g

In Excel 2003, the context sensitive help feature has been removed from
menus and dialog boxes. In dialog boxes, clicking the question mark
button (What's this) just opens the Help pane.

Mercifully, you can still select a word in the VBE, and press the F1
key, to open the Help for that item.

Debra

"yalda" wrote in message

i wana to know the job of Go to That it is in view menu

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

David McRitchie

Thanks and I'm keeping it -- Excel 2000.

Wonder how they missed that -- maybe because the "Auto Quick Info"
(type ahead suggestions) doesn't always work, but great when it does.