-   -   change yyyy date to yy (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/34359-change-yyyy-date-yy.html)

Linda Hart

change yyyy date to yy

Can I change the date "short" format (yyyy) to "shorter" format (yy)?
e.g. 7/7/2005 to 7/7/05
This would be for a range of dates in an existing column, as well as for new
dates to be added.

Max

Select the col of dates
Click Format Cells Number tab
Under category, choose Custom
In Type: box, input: m/d/yy
Click OK
--
Rgds
Max
"Linda Hart" <Linda wrote in message
Can I change the date "short" format (yyyy) to "shorter" format (yy)?
e.g. 7/7/2005 to 7/7/05
This would be for a range of dates in an existing column, as well as for

new
dates to be added.

Richard Neville

Select the cells you want to reformat; then go to Format-Cells, and click on
the Number tab. Select Custom, and in the small box to the right type the
format you want: m/d/yy. Hit Enter and that should do it.

If you want to change the computer's default date setting, go to Control
Panel, Regional and Language Options, and make changes there.